Natalie Hedman is the managing attorney of Hedman Family Law, LLC. Natalie focuses her legal practice on complex child custody disputes, divorces involving spousal support, child support, business division, retirement division, real property division, unmarried persons rights, modifications, third party custody, and many other various legal issues that may arise as a result of the end of a relationship, divorce or custody dispute. Ms. Hedman frequently works with cases involving restraining orders, immediate danger orders, and status quo orders and is very passionate about issues that arise due to intimate violence, financial abuse, emotional abuse, and/or child abuse. As a parent herself, Ms. Hedman understands personally what it takes to provide excellent advocacy to other parents involved in custody disputes, and divorces.
Natalie has been an attorney for a decade. After being admitted to practice law in Oregon in 2009, she worked as an adjunct professor and sole practitioner. Ms. Hedman joined the Gresham Family & Bankruptcy law in May 2012, where she channeled her passion for assisting clients' transitions safely and fairly, regardless of their family structure, socioeconomic backgrounds, or lifestyle differences. In April 2019 Ms. Hedman opened her own law office and continues to serve clients mainly in Multnomah and Clackamas Counties.
In 2012, Ms. Hedman received the Michael E. Haglund Award for displaying a special commitment to Legal-Aid’s Domestic Violence Project and Family Law Pro Se Clinic. In her free time, Ms. Hedman continues to volunteer for Legal-Aid’s Domestic Violence Project and also volunteers as an attorney for children and other community endeavors. In Oregon, an attorney ‘shall’ be appointed to a child requesting their voice be heard in family law cases. If a court appoints an attorney for a child, the attorney is supposed to advocate for a child’s best interest and/or stated needs depending on the circumstances. Since 2020, Ms. Hedman’s practice has included working as an Attorney for Children when appointed by the Multnomah County Circuit Court.
She is also occasionally the Adjunct Professor teaching Family Law for PCC. Her associate attorney is teaching the class this quarter. Ms. Hedman also volunteers and holds positions with state and local bar committees and continues to teach in the evenings. In her free time, Ms. Hedman can be found with her family hiking, skiing, trail running, or singing jazz.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the Michael E. Haglund Award, 2012
- 10 Best Attorney Client Satisfaction for American Institute of Family Law Attorneys 2021
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Multnomah Bar Association Entertainment Committee Chair, 2022-2023
- Multnomah Bar Association Entertainment Committee Member 2021-2022
- Oregon State Bar Pro-Bono Committee Chair-2019-2020.
- Oregon State Bar Pro-Bono Committee Member, 2016-2018
- American Bar Association, Member
- Oregon State Bar Association, Member
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
- Oregon Woman Lawyers, Member
- Gift of Adoption -Oregon Columbia River Chapter- Board Member since 2022
- Article in Multnomah Bar Newsletter, July, 2012
- Article in Among Ourselves Article, in Oregon State Bar Bulletin, July, 2012
- Article in Multnomah Bar Newsletter, October, 2010